Sending out your heartfelt holiday greetings is a wonderful way to spread Christmas cheer and remind the ones you love that you’re thinking of them, whether you’ll see them this holiday or just have them in your heart during the holidays.
Crafting the best Christmas wishes to write in your holiday cards doesn’t have to be worrisome or difficult. Whether you’re writing a Christmas card for friends, family, or even co-workers, you can brighten their day by picking out the best Christmas quotes and messages that will help ignite their holiday cheer.
Wish those you love a Merry Christmas in the best way possible with a heartfelt, personalized Christmas wish written inside a beautiful card.
It’s never easy to put your feelings into so few words, but these short and sweet Christmas messages will help your Christmas be bright and filled with warmth and love. Not only for those who receive your personalized Christmas greeting cards, but for you as well.
This is the season for giving—so give gladly, and your heart will be full in return. Here are 75 of the best Christmas wishes to put in your holiday cards.
Best Christmas Wishes to Write in Christmas Cards
1. This Christmas, you’re the best gift I could ask for.
2. Merry Christmas! May your happiness be large and your be bills small.
3. Wishing you nothing but the best this holiday season.
4. May your holidays sparkle with joy and laughter!
5. Merry Christmas! I hope you receive one blessing after another this coming year.
6. “We clap hands and welcome the peace of Christmas. We beckon this good season to wait a while with us.” – Maya Angelou
7. May the true spirit of Christmas shine in your heart and light your path.
8. Wishing you a season that’s merry and bright!
9. For you at Christmas time: A wish for happiness, warmth, and love.
10. May this season be full of light and laughter for you and your family.
11. “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: Loving others.” – Bob Hope
12. Merry Christmas, and may your Christmas be white!
13. Wishing you peace, joy, and unconditional love at Christmas and always.
Related: Christmas Movie Quotes
14. It’s people like you that make Christmas so special and meaningful. Thank you!
15. Please note: Christmas is canceled. Apparently you told Santa you’ve been good this year and he died of laughter.
16. It’s not what’s under the tree that matters most, it’s who’s around it. Every year, I’m so grateful to have you.
17. Thinking of you this season and wishing you a joyful holiday.
18. Cheers to eggnog by the fire, warm holiday memories, and you.
19. My love for you shines brighter than the lights on the tree.
20. “May this season find you among those you love, sharing in the twin glories of generosity and gratitude.” – Oprah Winfrey
21. Have a magical holiday season!
22. Christmas is magical because we’re together.
23. “Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing, but of reflection.” – Winston Churchill
24. Forget the mistletoe—you can kiss me any time you like!
25. You’re my favorite Christmas present this year.
26. Every Christmas is merrier because you’re a part of it, my friend.
27. Peace, good will, and happiness for you this Christmas and every other!
28. You’re the most wonderful part of the most wonderful time of the year.
29. Christmas is full of miracles, and you’re proof of that.
30. “Christmas is forever—not just for one day. For loving, sharing, and giving are not to put away.” – Norman Wesley Brooks
31. ‘Tis the season to be jolly, and I hope you have the opportunity every day!
32. I hope Santa is good to you this year!
33. I hope you have a cozy Christmas that chases the chill of winter away.
34. Warmest thoughts and best wishes for a wonderful Christmas. May peace, love, prosperity follow you always.
35. Joy and blessings, from our family to yours, this Christmas and every day.
36. “In the eyes of children, we find the joy of Christmas. In their hearts, we find its meaning.” – Leland Thomas
37. Whatever is beautiful. Whatever is meaningful. Whatever brings you happiness. May it be yours this holiday season and throughout the coming year.
38. To a joyful present and a well-remembered past! We raise a glass to you this Christmas and extend best wishes for the season.
39. You always made Christmas a special time for me. Now, I hope you can feel my love and gratitude. Sending you my warmest wishes and blessings.
40. Wishing you a relaxing and stress-free holiday.
Related: 25 Christmas Prayers
41. They say friends are the family you choose. I’m so glad to get to spend some time with my chosen family this holiday season.
42. It wouldn’t be Christmas without you! So glad to have you in my life, year after year.
43. Wishing you a holiday filled with fun and laughter and very best wishes for a fabulous year to come.
44. I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and a Happy New Year!
45. May the holiday season fill your home with joy, your heart with love, and your life with laughter.
46. The gift of love.
The gift of peace.
The gift of happiness.
May all these and more be yours this Christmas.
47. Wishing you a fun-filled holiday season!
48. May your eggnog be spiked with plenty of rum to get you through this holiday season!
49. It’s all fun and games until Santa checks the naughty list—here’s hoping he doesn’t check twice!
50. Christmas (noun): The only time of year in which one can sit in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of socks. Enjoy yourself!
51. May the closeness of your loved ones, family, and friends fill your heart with joy.
52. I hope your holiday celebrations are full of lots of fun, surprises, and magic!
53. Best wishes for a festive holiday season!
54. “A silent night, a star above, a blessed gift of hope and love. A blessed Christmas to you!” – Unknown
55. Merry Christmas! May you be showered with unlimited blessings on this day.
Related: 50 Religious Christmas Quotes
56. The time for celebration and gathering is about to begin. Prepare yourself to embrace the best of this year. Wish you a Merry Christmas!
57. May this Christmas be the brightest, most beautiful Christmas of your life. May you find the peace and joy you’ve been looking for!
58. I can’t think of any other way I would want to spend Christmas than to stay warm with you!
59. May this holy season be full of true miracles and love for you, always.
60. Be thankful for all the sweet memories this year has offered so far. May faith and serenity descend on you.
61. During this festive season of giving, let us take the time to slow down and enjoy the simple things. Merry Christmas!
62. May the gifts of love and happiness be yours this season. Wishing you a Merry Christmas with all my heart!
63. I hope this festive season will bring good luck and good health for you and your family.
64. May every little thing from your wish list come true this season. Merry Christmas!
65. Sending you the very warm wish of Christmas love!
66. I hope your Christmas is cheerful and makes way for a fresh start to a new, prosperous year!
67. May you be showered with unimaginable peace and prosperity this Christmas!
68. I wish for happiness to surround you and yours this holiday season. May you feel love and joy like never before.
69. Here’s to a season of blessings and beyond this Christmas!
70. May the glow of Christmas candles brighten your day and your heart. Happy Holidays!
71. The warmth of your friendship and the charm of your presence is a better gift than I could ever have asked for this Christmas.
72. Wishing you a season full of fun parties, beautiful experiences, soothing challenges, and new memories to create!
73. The joy of Christmas doubles when you smile. Here’s to hoping you’re smiling as you read this.
74. May all your long-cherished dreams come true this Christmas. With love and warmth of heart, wishing you a Merry Christmas!
75. This Christmas, may you get everything you want and need to fill your home and life with peace and bliss. Wishing you a promising new year!
Heartfelt Christmas card messages
- Feeling incredibly blessed to have you in my life this holiday season. Wishing all the best for you and yours.
- So lucky to be spending another Christmas with you.
- Holidays like Christmas remind me what I’m grateful for: you.
- The holidays are extra magical this year because I get to spend them with you.
- I know this last year has been tough, but I hope this holiday season brings you joy, happiness, and I’m wishing you all the best in the New Year. You deserve it!
- Having you in my life is the best Christmas present I could ever ask for.
- You light up my life like a Christmas tree. So lucky to have you in my life!
- Just writing to put a smile on your face this Christmas season.
Add one of these messages to a gift for your wife or a gift for your mom that will just make your two favorite ladies’ hearts warm.
Funny Christmas card messages
- Because I definitely won’t be organized enough to get even more cards out in the New Year: Happy holidays. (That covers all the ones from now until Easter.)
- The true gift of Christmas is the time we spend together. (That’s why I didn’t get you anything else.)
- I ho-ho-hope you have a great Christmas!
- Here’s hoping you survive the holiday season with your sanity and bank account intact. Merry Christmas.
- Since I’m pretty sure you’re not getting anything from Santa this year, I thought I’d send you this so you’d have something to open.
- Just to show I care I went to a real post office and bought actual stamps to send you something old-fashioned: real mail.
- Marjorie Holmes once said, “At Christmas, all roads lead home.” I wonder how much mom paid her to say that.
- Eat, drink, and be merry―in moderation. Happy holidays!
- You may not be on Santa’s Nice list, but you’re sure on mine!
- At this time of year, we so often are reminded of what’s truly important: mom’s cooking.
- Here’s hoping Yule have the best Christmas ever this year!
Your partner will love one of these messages with a gift for your boyfriend or girlfriend.
Merry Christmas messages for spouses
- I’m so glad you’re my Christ-Mrs.!
- This Christmas, meet me under the mistletoe!
- My love for you shines brighter than all the tacky decorations in the neighborhood.
- You make every day as magical as Christmas.
- You’re my favorite person to celebrate Christmas with.
- Your smile lights up the room more than any Christmas tree!
- I’ve got my love to keep me warm! —Song by Irving Berlin. (Add “Hey, that’s you!” to make this Christmas wish extra cheeky.)
- Christmas is the time to say “I love you!” —Song by Billy Squier
- You make it feel like Christmas! —Song by Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton
- “Knowing you’re in love with me is the greatest gift of all.” —Song by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton
Here are more of the best Christmas songs of all time.
Christmas card messages for friends
- I cherish our friendship more than any gift.
- The holidays are always holly-jolly when we’re together!
- Christmas is extra merry because I have you as a friend.
- It’s Christmas—let the merriment begin!
- Having a friend like you is a Christmas wish come true.
- I couldn’t ask Santa himself for a better friend!
- Christmas is a time for family—so glad you’re my chosen family!
- Thanks for being the best Christmas party date I could ask for!
- May your holidays be filled with as much joy and laughter as you’ve given me.
- Christmas memories are the best kind—let’s make some to last a lifetime!
Putting Christmas cards together can be a great Christmas craft!
What to write in a Christmas card for your coworkers
- Enjoy some well-deserved time off―looking forward to working with you more in the New Year!
- Thank you for all you’ve done this year. Enjoy your holiday season!
- Wishing all the best to you and your family this holiday season. See you in the New Year.
- Thanks for the great year! Hoping you have a great holiday season.
- See you at the Christmas party for HR-approved merriness!
- Thank you for all your hard work this year!
- You’ve done such a great job this year. Enjoy your holiday!
- Have a great break. Try not to miss me too much!
These are the best Christmas games for the whole crew to play.
Christmas Card quotes
- “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” ―Norman Vincent Peale
- “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others.” —Bob Hope
- “We are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.” ―Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing, but of reflection.” ―Winston Churchill
- “Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us.”―David Cameron
- “I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.” ―Harlan Miller
- “Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.” ―Janice Maeditere
- “A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.” —Garrison Keillor
Check out more great Christmas quotes that you can share in your cards.
Inspirational Merry Christmas wishes
- This Christmas, count blessings instead of presents!
- It’s not what’s under the tree that counts—it’s who’s around it.
- May you always remain filled with the Christmas spirit.
- This Christmas, be on the lookout for the miracles all around you.
- Having loved ones close by is the greatest Christmas gift of all.
- Take time this Christmas to slow down and enjoy the little things.
- May your home be filled with warmth, love, and joy this Christmas and always.
- Spending money on someone is nice, but it’s the time you spend with them that remains in their hearts long after Christmas.
While Christmas Eve might be a tad late to send out your Christmas cards, you’ll love these other Christmas Eve traditions.
General Christmas card messages
- Merry Christmas! Wishing you health and happiness this holiday season and a wonderful New Year.
- May you never lose that “kid on Christmas morning” feeling!
- Wishing you less stress and a little more holiday magic this Christmas season!
- May your holidays be filled with warmth and laughter.
- Here’s hoping Santa is good to you this year!
- From our family to yours, wishing you a truly Merry Christmas.
- Happy holidays! Wishing you joy and laughter this Christmas, and all through the New Year.
- Hoping all your Christmas wishes come true.
- It’s people like you who make this season so magical. Happy holidays!
- May you have joy, laughter, and the makings of wonderful memories this holiday season.
- I hope this Christmas is your best one yet!
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!