Why Should I Give a Handmade Father’s Day Card?
Why should you print your own card instead of buying one? Let’s think through a few of the possibilities:
- You’re short on time.
- You want to save money.
- It’s more convenient than going to the store.
- You can personalize the message.
- You can customize the image.
- A handmade card is more special than one that is store-bought. What better way is there to say Happy Father’s Day than with a homemade card?
Now that you’re convinced, let’s get started!
What You’ll Need
- Microsoft (MS) Word: This tutorial was written using MS Office/Word 2016 software. Older/newer versions of MS Word had similar functionality, so you can still make your own cards using different versions. However, things might be found in slightly different places than outlined here.
- Color Printer: Printed cards look best when printed using a color printer. Alternatively, you can print in black and white and color in the images yourself.
- Card Stock or Quality Paper: If you select a card that will be folded twice (quarter-fold), a good quality paper should be sufficient. If you select a card that will only be folded once (bi-fold), a thicker card stock is a better option. Just make sure the paper or card stock you choose can be printed on your printer.