Grandparent’s Day is coming up in September so it’s a good time to think about making them some meaningful gifts! I love all the ones where the grandchildren get to help out. I searched and found my favorite creative grandparent’s day gifts for you all to think about making! Hope you enjoy them… just click on the links to get directions on how to make it.
GIFT IDEAS FOR GRANDMA
- Handmade Photo Bracelet – This is adorable and any grandmother would love to see their grand babies where ever they go.
- Ceramic Flower Dishes – Grandma’s will love these homemade dishes to put their keys or candy in!
- Tea Wreath Gift– If grandma loves her tea, make a pretty wreath for her to enjoy in the kitchen!
- Watering Can Photo Gift – This gift is for a gardener and it’s very special because the grand kids photos are inside the flowers.
- Love Grows Here Plate – Have your kids dip their hands in paint to make cute little flowers on a plate she can display.
- DIY Tile Coasters – You can make your own photo coasters and wrap them in a ribbon for grandma!
- Grandma Photo Blocks – These wooden photo blocks are darling that say “Some of my greatest blessings call me grandma”
- Grandma Milk Tin– Make your own personalized milk tin with vinyl lettering.
GIFT IDEAS FOR GRANDPA
- Grandpa’s Stache Jar – Decorate a jar with vinyl and fill it with grandpa’s favorite candy.
- Kids handprint Card – Scroll down passed the cake and you’ll find this adorable card saying “My fingers may be small but I can still wrap my grandpa around them” awww…it would be great to frame it.
- Interchangeable Blocks – I LOVE this idea! Grandpa can keep these blocks on his desk at work or in the office to be reminded of his grandchildren.
- Handprint T-Shirt – On the front of the T-shirt write “Grandpa deserves a pat on the back” and have the kids stamp their handprints on the back! Adorable!
- Wood Letter Grandchildren Photo – Have each of the grandkids hold a letter that spells “grandpa” “papa” “pops” etc!
- Best Dads Get Promoted to Grandpa– What a meaningful keepsake! Frame a photo of grandpa holding their grandchild.
- Lucky as Can Be Photos – This framed gift says “I’m as lucky as can be…the best papa in the world belongs to me!” with a handprint, footprint, and a photo.
- Custom Golf Balls – If grandpa is a golfer, have the kids decorate white golf balls with colored sharpies – so cute!
- We Love Grandpa Canvas – Have your kids stamp their hand and foot on a white canvas, then write “We Love Grandpa” using the letters O and V as the prints! (no source on Pinterest)
- Footprint Deer Canvas– “Papa, you are deer to us doe-n’t you know” Cute idea for a grandpa who hunts!
- Handprint Stamped Baseball – What a great keepsake when the kids are little!
GRANDPARENT GIFTS FOR BOTH OF THEM
- DIY Photo Keychains– Using modge podge you can make customized keychains for grandma and grandpa.
- Handprint Family Tree Card – Frame this kids handprint card that says “i’m so happy you’re in my family tree!”
- Glass Magnets– These magnets w0uld be adorable to have their grand kid’s faces in them to put on the fridge.
- Grandparent Photo Display- Make your own picture display using wood and clothespins to hang up the grandkids photos.
- Grandparents Day falls on Sept. 8 this year and it’s the perfect time to celebrate the people who put the grand in grandparent. From mail-order hugs to Grandparents Day coloring pages, we’ve found DIY gifts for grandparents that are thoughtful, creative, and come together in no time. Keep scrolling for all the awesome possibilities.
Grandkid Date of the Month Club
When it comes to gift ideas for grandparents, you can’t go wrong with quality time with the grandkids! Inner Child Fun came up with the brilliant idea for a Grandkid Date of the Month Club; just brainstorm a dozen fun activities and assign each one to an appropriate month. Voila! Learn more here.
“I Love You” Pillowcase
Give the grandparents extra sweet dreams with this cute DIY pillowcase idea from Mama. Papa. Bubba. All you need is fabric markers, a couple of mini artists, and the pillowcase, of course.
No-sew rice heating pad
Pamper grandparents with this homemade heating pad from Unsophisticook! It’s stuffed with a pantry staple (rice!), can be made in 5 minutes, and uses upcycled baby legwarmers.
Grandparents Day Coloring Pages
Kid-made art is always a hit with grandparents, which is why you should click on over to Skip to My Lou. With three types of Grandparents Day coloring pages (each one cuter than the last), your little artists can go to town! Get the printables here.
Send a Hug
Send a life-sized hug to Grandma and Grandpa! All you need to do is trace your kiddo’s outstretched arms to create a giant paper “hug” that you can roll up and mail. Paging Supermom shared all the fun details of this project with Raising Arizona Kids
Butterfly Footprint Art
Put a smile on Grandma and Grandpa’s faces with a cute footprint keepsake! With acrylic paint and a canvas, and a little guidance from Mommypotamus, you’ll have a professional-looking, adorable gift in no time. To get the instructions
Interview with a Grandparent
Get your kids to interview their grandparents in order to learn more about the family tree: We’ve got 10 great questions right here. For extra memories, bust out your iPhone and hit record so you can keep the grandparent-grandkid interaction forever. Do Grandma and Grandpa live far away? We’d bet they’d love getting mail. Just send the interview questions, along with a kid-crafted card.
Let your little artists get creative with this simple project from Natural Beach Living. It’s super easy to pull off with supplies you probably already have, and the resulting coasters are functional and special! To get all the details on how they’re made,
Flowery Card for Grandma
This gift idea from Mama. Papa. Bubba. is sure to melt any grandparent’s heart. Each flower petal describes one of your mini-me’s favorite things about their grandma or grandpa. To get the details on how it’s made
Popsicle Picture Frame for Pop
Skip the store-bought picture frame and grab jumbo Popsicle sticks instead! Eighteen 25 has the 411 on assembling and decorating these fun frames. Just add a fave family photo for the perfect grandparent gift
How adorable are these refrigerator magnets from I Can Teach My Child? If you don’t have enough kids to spell out “GRANDMA,” get creative and spell “LOVE” or “PAPA.” For more on this fun project, just click here.
Mini Photo Book
Gather up a bunch of your favorite photos to make this easy DIY from Walla Walla Valley Girl. Once the photos are printed (you can do it on the cheap at your local drugstore), just punch holes and attach them to a metal ring.
10 Things We Love About Grandpa
Here’s a genius gift idea from Somewhat Simple: Ask your kids to name three or four things they love about their grandpa. Then type their honest, meaningful, and hilarious answers up word-for-word and attach a small gift that represents each answer. Click here to get the details.
DIY Photo Keychains
Grandma and Grandpa can keep your little ones close all the time with this cute idea from My Crazy Life as a Farmer’s Wife. After you print out photos, have your little artists help decorate the keychains before gifting them. To see the instructions,
Grandkid Photo Luminaries
Why frame it, when you can illuminate it? Turn your favorite family snapshots into these glowing photo luminaries from Our Best Bites. Bonus: These holders are upcycled from items like mason jars, flower vases, and hurricanes!