Father’s Day is an opportunity to tell dad how much you appreciate him. New dads, old dads, granddads, dads-in-law, stepdads, serious dads, goofball dads…There must be a million fatherly types out there, and without a doubt, there are at least that many reasons to honor them on Father’s Day.
You probably know at least a few dads you’d like to recognize with a card and some heartfelt words on that third Sunday in June. If you’d like some creative ideas for what to write in their Father’s Day cards, you’ve come to the right place.
Our Father’s Day guide offers signing tips and message starting points from Hallmark writers. Whether you read the whole guide or jump straight to the specific ideas you need, we hope you have fun thinking about and writing to the great dads in your life!
What makes your dad the best? Well, he’s your dad, for starters, and that all by itself is pretty special. That’s why there are certain Father’s Day cards and certain Father’s Day messages that only work for him.
- 8 Heartwarming Picture Books to Give Dad This Father’s Day
- 15 Heartwarming Stepdad Quotes to Share on Father’s Day
- Mother’s Day Cards 2020 – Mother’s Day 2020 Greeting Cards, Quotes
- Sweet and Easy Mother’s Day Photos for Kindergarten Gifts
- Fathers Day Crafts – Cards, Art and Craft Ideas for Kids to Make
From just you
- “You’re the best, Dad. I love you!”
- “I’m so proud to be your son.”
- “Dad, you’re in all my favorite memories.”
- “Dad, you’re still the one I think of first when I have a question about something or when I just need some support and good advice. Thank you for always being there for me.”
- “Happy Father’s Day to the man who taught me how to step and throw, how to field a grounder, how to follow through and pretty much every other important thing I know about baseball and living!”
- “Happy Father’s Day to the man who put the fear into all my homecoming and prom dates…and who still treats me like a princess!”
- “You taught me so many of the important things I know—including a few choice words for certain situations.”
- “Thank you for being there every day with just the love and guidance I’ve needed.”
- “You’re my one and only dad, and I’ll always have a special place in my heart for you.”
- “God gave me such a good gift when he gave me you for a father.”
- “You made growing up fun.”