From Instagram-worthy to virtual reality, Spectrum News NY1 is unveiling a list of some of the most interesting Valentine’s Day experiences New Yorkers can find without emptying their pockets.
1. Renew your vows in front of ‘Heart-Squared,’ an interactive, 125-mirror sculpture in Times Square, designed by architectural designer Modu and Eric Forman’s Studio.
2. Dine out for a heart-shaped pizza.
3. Single in the city? Join in on an Anti-Valentine’s Day Party that boasts a strict singles-only crowd with ice breakers and prizes.
(AP Photo/Charles Krupa)
4. Staying home? The Doughnuttery is offering DIY doughnut-making kits for those looking to indulge a little more privately.
5. Hang an augmented-reality love lantern for your Valentine on Washington Street, in Brooklyn.
6. Immerse yourself and a loved one inside this colorful installation called Submerge. Awaken your senses with the blue hues and be left with a feeling of tranquility.
7. Go for an ice cream and stay for date-night drinks at the elegant ‘UES’ speakeasy.
8. Witness the heartbeat lighting of the Empire State Building in honor of Valentine’s Day. Visitors can observe the NYC skyline from multiple levels of the iconic skyscraper.
9. Treat yourself and your significant other to a private tour inside the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
10. Bundle up and keep it classy with a carriage ride in Central Park.