Eid Ul Adha is second eid celebrated in the last month of Zul Hajj (Dhul Hajj). It is celebrated on the 10th of Zil Hajj. It is celebrated as celebration of Hajj that is performed on the 9th Zill Hajj. Hajj is the largest gathering of the world and Muslims around the world gather to perform Hajj.
The Eid is a Sacred festival same as the Christmas of Christians and Diwali of Hindus. The day is an official off in most of the nations. Eid is the day to crack the month long sunrise to dusk fast of the Ramadan month. The afternoon is the on mark of Shawwal month, it is the only day in the Muslim community on which people are not permitted to quickly.
The following morning the prayers are recited in the Mosque in gatherings in an open field. The common phrase “Allāhu Akbar” is recited at once by all and every other individual is hugged and greeted using the Eid Mubarak Quotations With Images, EID Quotes 2020, Eid Mubarak Messages, Eid Mubarak Greetings.
When Is Eid (Date of Eid)?
Sunnah Of Holy Propet Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W) on Eid :-
- Wake up early.
- Prepare for personal cleanliness, take care of details of clothing, etc.
- Take a Ghusl (bath) after Fajr.
- Brush your teeth.
- Dress up, putting on best clothes available, whether new or cleaned old ones.
- Use perfume (men only).
- Have breakfast on Eid-al-Fitr before leaving for prayer ground. On Eid-al-Adha, eat breakfast after Salaat or after sacrifice if you are doing a sacrifice.
- Pay Zakaat-al-Fitr before Salaat-al-Eid (on Eid-al-Fitr).
- Go to prayer ground early.
- Offer Salaat-al-Eid in congregation in an open place except when whether is not permitting like rain, snow, etc.
- Use two separate route to and from the prayer ground.
- Recite the following Takbir on the way to Salaat and until the beginning of Salaat-al-Eid. On Eid-al-Adha, Takbir starts from Maghrib on the 9th Zil-hijjah and last until the Asr on the 12th Zil-hijjah
Reference : Hubpages
Routine on Eid Day :-
Eid is the happiest day of the Muslims and its an event which Muslims around the world celebrate collectively on the same day in a year so special preparations are made for this event. Routine on Eid day is very much similar for everyone and basically Muslims follow the Sunnah of Holy Prophet (S.A.W) along with some traditional things that vary from region to region.
Muslims wake up and offer Fajr Prayer, then take Bath and wear New or Clean Clothes, do breakfast and head towards the Eid Gah (Place where whole City Performs Eid Prayer) and Offer Eid Prayer and listen to Khutba and that everybody wishes Eid Mubarak to each other. After that people head back towards their homes and meet and greet with Family and visit their relatives to greet them Eid Mubarak.
It is said that the ones who enjoys the Eid the most are the Children. The reason why it is said because after the offering Eid Prayers, when elders visit their relatives they give the Children Cash which is commonly known as Eidi and then Children enjoys the Eid by spending that money on buying Toys, eating Fast Foods etc.
Teenagers also enjoys the Eid as they get leaves from the schools and colleges and go back to their native places and then they enjoy the Eid with their friends by going on picnic to different places and having fun getting out of their hectic routine.
On Eid ul Adha, Muslims perform Qurbani of Halal Animal refreshing the sunnah of Hazrat Ibrahim (A.S) and they spend all day by preparing and sharing the meat to poor and needy and their relatives.
As Eid is Happy event so special recipes are made because all relatives visit each other and so special dishes are presented them and celebrate Eid along with them.
- Badami Phiirnii (Sweet Rice with Almond Pudding)
- Sajji (A dish of Rice cooked in the Meat of Goat directly on the fire)
- Sewayyan (a dessert made with vermicelli, milk & dry fruits)
- Gulaab Jaamun (A Purple Ball Shaped sweet with sweet syrup)
- Barfi (A sweet made of Milk and pudding)
- Ras Malai ( sweet dessert prepared with milk)
- Kheer (Sweet Rice Dessert cooked in Milk)
- Nawabi Biryani (Rice with Kabab and Chicken)
- Haleim (A dish with chicken and mashed Daal )
- Vegetable Pulao (Rice with Vegetable and Chicken)
- Mutton Biryani (Rice with Mutton)
Thats all about Eid and Eid Mubarak.