Columbus Day Kindergarten Activities: Get ready to celebrate Columbus Day on October 12th with these super cute, fun, and clever Columbus Day crafts for toddlers, preschoolers, pre-kindergarten students, and first graders. These are such a fun extension to a history lesson on early explorers talking about how Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492.
Columbus Day Crafts
Columbus sought out the King and Queen of Spain, Ferdinand and Isabella, for funding to sail to the East Indies via the West because he believed the earth was round and it would be a shortcut to reach the spices to trade with Asia. So in 1492 Columbus sailed with the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria through the Atlantic Ocean and ended up in the Caribbean. Despite not discovering North America himself, his voyage initiated the discovery and colonization of the continent. Make these cute and easy Columbus Day Crafts with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, third-grade students, and second-grade students to remember this historic event.
Columbus Day craft ideas are perfect for engaging young learners whether you are a parent, a teacher, or a homeschooler.
Columbus Day Crafts for Kids
With these fun and easy Columbus crafts, kids can recreate the three ships that made the voyage by using craft sticks, construction paper, toothpicks, crepe paper, and even fruit loops.
Columbus day craft preschool
These STEM Columbus activities allow children to construct their own floating boats. You can also create a hand-crafted ship for Columbus Day!
Columbus Day Homeschool Activities
Choose one of these Columbus Day crafts for preschoolers to make, or add a delicious snack to the Columbus Day theme.
Columbus day arts and crafts
There are several printable Columbus day projects including this super cute ship in a bottle paper project.
Columbus day crafts for toddlers
Make a large ship out of boxes, cute boats that actually sail using balloon power, or recreate an old tattered map for navigation.
Finally, make a plastic bottle ship in a bottle for kids, sail in a laundry basket, or make a paper mache globe:
Columbus Day Printables
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Lots of FUN October Activities for Kids
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables