Thanksgiving Food Drives
Food drives for Thanksgiving are essential as we serve more than 1,000 meals to celebrate the Holiday and provide our low income families with food to cook at home. Help us to bring Holiday cheer around the table by running a Thanksgiving Food Drive. It’s a great option for businesses, groups of neighbors, classrooms, churches, families, sports teams, or just about any group of people who want to celebrate the spirit of giving during the holidays.
Thanksgiving Food Drives run in November.
A drive is a great way for a group to provide assistance in for the Holidays. If you organize a large drive in your neighborhood, school or work, Samaritan House will provide you with sturdy donation barrels and can work with you to schedule a pick-up of donations when requested.
Samaritan House has a specific list of food that we need for Thanksgiving and the Holidays which ensures we have exactly what we need.
Anything perishable has been marked with a *. Please ensure timely delivery of these items so they are kept at the recommended temperatures at all times.
- * Whole Turkey
- * Heavy Cream & Whipped Cream
- Canned Sweetcorn
- Canned Chicken or Turkey
- Beef Broth
- All Purpose Flour
- Mac and Cheese
- Ramen Noodles
- Cake Mix
- Hot Chocolate Drink Mix
- * Whole Large Chicken
- * Stuffing
- * Gravy
- Canned Garbanzo Beans
- Canned Fruit in Juice
- Cooking Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Long Grain Rice
- Dried Fruit
- Coffee and Tea
- Powdered Fruit Drink Mix
- * Whole Ham
- * Butter
- * Large Fruit and Pumpkin Pies
- Canned Pinto Beans
- Chicken Broth
- Masa Flour
- White Sugar
- Breakfast Cereal
- Brownie Mix
- Coffee Creamer
Thanksgiving Food Drive
Thanksgiving Food and Gift Card Drive kicks off the season of giving in our community. As our most vulnerable and marginalized neighbors struggle to put food on their tables this year, with your support, we can being there for them in their time of need, alleviating their suffering and allowing them to stretch their limited resources. On behalf of the children, families and individuals who will have a meal this Thanksgiving, thank you for your kind and generous support!
To participate in our 2021 Thanksgiving Drive:
• Most Needed Items: Download the list of needed items and purchase or collect as many of these items as you can.
• Donation Drop-Off: Food and gift cards can be dropped off at our main office – 10700 Page Avenue, Building B, Fairfax VA 22030, between now and November 16th, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 4 PM.
• Large Donations: If you have a large donation that cannot be transported by car, please contact us to discuss pick-up and delivery options.
Contactless ways to participate:
- • To limit physical contact and encourage social distancing, we ask that you consider monetary donations and/or using our
- • Make a tax-deductible donation to FACETS instead, and we’ll do the shopping for you! You can
make a financial donation online
- (indicate “Thanksgiving Drive” in the Special Instructions field) or send a check to our main office and write “Thanksgiving” in the memo section.
CLICK HERE TO MAKE A FINANCIAL DONATION
Thanksgiving is a time to be mindful of our blessings. Thank you for thinking of others during this season of giving and hope. For more information, or if you’d like help organizing a collection at your workplace, within your faith community or neighborhood, or with another organization, please contact Tessa Robinette at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 352-3268.