Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy which explores an area which isn’t tangible.
It explores the area of thoughts and the dynamics between mind and matter. With the help of this study, one tries to decipher and goes into the depths of abstract concepts.
In the seventeenth century, metaphysical poets emerged in the history of English literature. In philosophy, the roots of metaphysics lie in the 1st century BCE with Aristotle.
Famous Metaphysical Quotes
These inspirational quotes and metaphysical quotes are what you may want to read today.
1. “If things do not turn out as we wish, we should wish for them as they turn out.”
2. “A commodity appears at first sight an extremely obvious, trivial thing. But its analysis brings out that it is a very strange thing, abounding in metaphysical subtleties and theological niceties.”
3. “All that we see is but a dream within a dream.”
– Edgar Allan Poe.
4. “I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy next to me.”
5. “A poet without love were a physical and metaphysical impossibility.”
6. “Really, the fundamental, ultimate mystery – the only thing you need to know to understand the deepest metaphysical secrets.”
7. “Mystery is what makes practicing magick so powerful.”
8. “I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.”
-Vincent van Gogh.
9.”No man is an island, entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main.”
10. “Our quaint metaphysical opinions, in an hour of anguish, are like playthings by the bedside of a child deathly sick.”
-Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
11. “The sun doth shake
Light from his locks, and, all the way
Breathing perfumes, doth spice the day.”
12. “A state is better governed which has few laws, and those laws strictly observed.”
13. “Or, if you like, we may say that determinism is the thesis that only one continuation of the state of things at a given moment is consistent with the laws of nature.”
-Peter Van Inwagen.
14. “I take as metaphysical poetry that in which what is ordinarily apprehensible only by thought is brought within the grasp of feeling.”
15. “Probably, as in all metaphysical questions, both are true: Life is or has meaning and meaninglessness.”
– C.G. Jung.
Metaphysical Inspirational Quotes
These inspirational quotes and metaphysical quotes which you know will elevate your day.
16. “The universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you already are.”
– Jalaluddin Rumi.
17. “If you feel like you don’t fit into the world you inherited it is because you were born to help create a new one.”
– Ross Caligiuri.
18. “Art is not merely an imitation of the reality of nature, but in truth a metaphysical supplement to the reality of nature, placed alongside thereof for its conquest.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche.
19. “Nothing is lost, nothing is created, everything is transformed.”
-Antoine-Laurent de Lavoisier.
20. “The main feature should be the teaching of principles through stories. Don’t make it metaphysical at all.”
21. “From a pure metaphysical perspective, there is no world outside ourselves.”
– Marianne Williamson.
22.”Even if things do not work out as you thought they should for you, they do – in their own way, as they were meant to.”
23. “I believe that Spirit is raised to its highest level, when individuals gather with wisdom, compassion and a discerning desire to provide service to humanity.”
24. “Be thine own palace, or the world’s thy jail.”
25. “Feet sandaled with dreams tread paths of vision leading to wisdom’s sharp peaks.”
26. “Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
– Carl Jung.
27. “The senses deceive from time to time, and it is prudent never to trust wholly those who have deceived us even once.”
– Rene Descartes.
28. “It requires a very unusual mind to undertake the analysis of the obvious.”
-Alfred North Whitehead.
29. “Dada was an extreme protest against the physical side of painting. It was a metaphysical attitude.”
30. “It’s like doughnut holes. Whether you take a doughnut hole as a blank space or as an entity unto itself is a purely metaphysical question and does not affect the taste of the doughnut one bit.”
― Haruki Murakami.
Metaphysical Quotes On Love
Metaphysical love quotes are going to take you on inspirational heights. You know it to be true – such an inspirational side is important to look forward!
31. “Let us band together as Humans, with love for all of humanity, living each day in harmony as we explore our spirit.”
32. “For it is from love that we are born. And to love that we must return. This is the journey of the soul we call Life.”
-Michael J. Tamura.
33. “Love is metaphysical gravity.”
-Richard Bookminster Fuller.
34. “You and I are all as much continuous with the physical universe as a wave is continuous with the ocean.”
35. “Fate and metaphysical aid doth seem to have thee crown’d.”
36. “Love, all alike, no season knows, nor clime, nor hours, days, months, which are the rags of time.”
37. “Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart.”
38. “One may not regard the world as a sort of metaphysical brothel for emotions.”
– Arthur Koestler.
39. “All these stand open, or I have the keyes:
Yet I love thee..”
40. “My vegetable love should grow
Vaster than empires, and more slow. “
41. “Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind.”
42. “He that loves a rosy cheek,
Or a coral lip admires,
Or, from star-like eyes, doth seek
Fuel to maintain his fires;”
43. “To the dull angry World let’s prove
There’s a Religion in our Love.”
44. “A miracle is a shift in perception from fear to love.”
45. “If our two loves are one, or thou and I
Love so alike, that none doe slacken, none can die.”
Metaphysical Jesus Quotes
Inspirational metaphysical quotes that every person you know would love.
46. “God Father (the Creator) geometrizes, God Mother (Nature) fractalizes.”
– Stefan Emunds.
47. “The religious idea of God cannot do full duty for the metaphysical infinity. ”
48. “I teach metaphysics and pastor a church.”
49. “Study the Bible like a soldier on a mission, not a scholar on a sabbatical.”
50. “God is not only something metaphysical, but also the physical world.”
-Jeffrey R. Anderson.
51. “God clothed Himself in vile man’s flesh, that so He might be weak enough to suffer woe.”
52. “I believe that what people call God is something in all of us.”
53. “There is in God – some say –
A deep, but dazzling darkness; as men here
Say it is late and dusky, because they
See not all clear.”
54. “The human being is not the lord of beings, but the shepherd of Being.”
– Martin Heidegger.
55. “To be a philosophical sceptic is, in a man of letters, the first and most essential to being a sound, believing Christian.”
56. “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence.”
57. “This religion and the Bible require of woman everything, and give her nothing. They ask her support and her love, and repay her with contempt and oppression.”
-Helen H. Gardener.
58. “While that my soul repairs to her devotion,
Here I intomb my flesh, that it betimes
May take acquaintance of this heap of dust;”
59. “When a man is willing and eager, the Gods join in.”
60. “Reason is our soul’s left hand, Faith her right, By these we reach divinity.”
Metaphysical Philosophy Quotes
These inspirational quotes are going to brighten your day.
61. “You are the author of your life. So please don’t let anyone including yourself make you think otherwise.”
62. “Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.”
63. “It only takes one person, one voice from somewhere beyond, to save a life.”
– Kirsten Arcadio.
64. “If you say morality is just what you like, you lose the metaphysical level of what in the history of philosophy is called ‘categorical imperative.'”
– Emir Kusturica.
65. “Metaphysics is a dark ocean without shores or lighthouse, strewn with many a philosophic wreck.”
66. “As I already explaned, I don’t have any form. I’m a conceptual metaphysical object.”
67. “Problems that remain persistently insoluble should always be suspected as questions asked in the wrong way.”
68. “By working with one’s own dream images and learning how to interpret them, a dreamer is unlocking the treasure box of insight, guidance, and transformation.”
69. “Man acts as though he were the shaper and master of language, while in fact language remains the master of man.”
– Martin Heidegger.
70. “The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”
71. “The most fatal blow to progress is slavery of the intellect.”
-Helen H. Gardener.
72. “It is a profoundly erroneous truism that we should cultivate the habit of thinking of what we are doing. The precise opposite is the case.”
-Alfred North Whitehead.
73. “At some point, for all eternity, there will be no more unmerited suffering: this present darkness, “the age of evil”, will eventually be remembered as a brief flicker at the beginning of human history.”
-Peter Van Inwagen.
74. “When spiritual, metaphysical, material, or immaterial events come into my life, I can only fix them by way of painting.”
75. “That the sun will not rise tomorrow is no less intelligible a proposition, and implies no more contradiction, than the affirmation, that it will rise.”
Metaphysical Motivational Quotes
Inspirational quotes and metaphysical quotes that will be the highlight of your day.
76. “Each department of knowledge passes through three stages. The theoretic stage; the theological stage and the metaphysical or abstract stage.”
77. “Human rebellion ends in metaphysical revolution. It progresses from appearances to acts, from the dandy to the revolutionary.”
78. “For every outside there is an inside and for every inside there is an outside, and although they are different, they go together.”
– Alan Watts.
79. “Europe is so well gardened that it resembles a work of art, a scientific theory, a neat metaphysical system.”
80. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.”
81. “Religion, which true policy befriends,
Designed by God to serve man’s noblest ends,
Is by that old deceiver’s subtle play.”
82. “You certainly wouldn’t want to invest much time in an argument with someone who would believe it in the first place.”
-Peter van Inwagen.
83. “We can speak and think only of what exists. And what exists is uncreated and imperishable for it is whole and unchanging and complete.”
84. “For the Cro-Magnons, space is a metaphysical arena of continually intermittent appearances and disappearances.”
85. “World War II was a trauma that paralysed writers. It was something metaphysical, diabolical.”
– A. B. Yehoshua.
Hand-picked Metaphysical Quotes
Metaphysical words that are extremely inspirational which will make your day.
86. “Metaphysics is a restaurant where they gives you a thirty thousand page menu and no food.”
-Robert M. Pirsig.
87. “Poets don’t draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently.”
88. “You are an aperture through which the universe is looking at and exploring itself.”
89. “Whose life is truer, the rational man of action pursuing practical goals of personal happiness and wealth or the philosophic man who lives in a world of theoretical and metaphysical ideas?”
-Kilroy J. Oldster.
90. “Spirit does not exist in just one location; rather it is all encompassing, living within and amongst us in each moment, thought and action.”
91. “Spiritual dreams are meant to comfort us during difficult times, show us how much we have grown, and encourage us to go to a higher level.”
92. “To walk the spiritual path is to continually step out into the unknown.”
93. “For each inclosed spirit is a star
Enlightening his own little sphere.”
94. “A purpose, an intention, a design, strikes everywhere even the careless, the most stupid thinker.”
95. “Wise poets that wrapt Truth in tales,
Knew her themselves through all her veils.”
96. “For the metaphysical term ‘will’ we may in these instances safely substitute the chemical term ‘photochemical action of light. ”
97. “Once you make a decision, it work around that decision.”
98. “A metaphysical tour de force of untethered meaning and involuting interlocking contrapuntal rhythms, ‘The Clock’ is more than a movie or even a work of art.”
99. “By then running had entered the realm of the metaphysical.”
100. “I think in metaphysics terms, I would call that the increasing speed of the vibration in life.”
-Neale Donald Walsch.