Kintsugi, also termed as Kintsukuroi is a beautiful Japanese art of golden joinery.
Artisans repair broken pottery by using lacquer mixed or dusted with gold, platinum, or silver. This preserves the history of the object rather than disguising it, thereby making it even more beautiful.
The art of golden repair, called Kintsugi, is loosely based on the philosophy of Wabi-sabi which encourages the art of embracing imperfection and owning it with pride. According to Japan, the marks of wear and tear and use of any object are held in high regard and considered aesthetic, thereby giving birth to this beautifully empowering and artistic concept.
Best Kintsugi Quotes On Healing
Are you seeking to heal yourself with some golden Kintsugi quotes related to healing and repairing Japanese broken pottery with gold? Here is a wholesome list you will fall in love with and can apply to your life. In time, everything becomes beautiful. Which is your favourite quote from our list?
1. “Kintsugi is a pottery technique. When something breaks, like a vase, they glue it back together with melted gold. Instead of making the cracks invisible, they make them beautiful…To celebrate the history of the object….What it’s been through. And I was just… Thinking of us like that. ”
2. “A break is something to remember, something of value, a way to make the piece more beautiful, rather than something to disguise. They use gold, not invisible superglue because mistakes shouldn’t be considered ugly.”
3. “Kintsugi is based on the belief that something broken is stronger and more beautiful because of its imperfections, the history attached to it, and its altered state.”
-Jo Ann V. Glim.
4. “My heart full of gold veins, instead of cracks.”
5. “The point of Kintsugi is to treat broken pieces and their repair as part of the history of an object.”
6. “Did you know that pottery can be repaired with gold?” Kami asked. “Then it’s meant to be stronger than before, and more beautiful.”
-Sarah Rees Brennan.
7. “It symbolizes how we must incorporate our wounds into who we are, rather than try to merely repair and forget them.”
8. “In repairing the object you really ended up loving it more, because you now knew its eagerness to be reassembled, and in running a fingertip over its surface you alone could feel its many cracks – a bond stronger than mere possession.”
9. “Broken pieces and their repair merely contribute to the story of an object, they don’t ruin it.”
10. “Why be broken when you can be gold?”
-Sarah Rees Brennan.
Inspirational Kintsugi Quotes
Here’s a great list of inspirational quotes about the art of Kintsugi which involves piecing broken pieces together and mending scars with this beautiful inspirational Japanese technique that suggests that scars are nothing to be ashamed of. Scars are beautiful and an inevitable part of life.
11. “I am looking forward to getting shattered only to add further elegance to myself.”
12. “It’s not what people are showing that’s worrying, it’s what they are concealing and the extent of the concealment.”
-Et Imperatrix Noctem.
13. “Kintsugi [is] not just a method of repair but also a philosophy. It’s the belief that the breaks, cracks, and repairs become a valuable and esteemed part of the history of an object, rather than something to be hidden. That, in fact, the piece is more beautiful for having been broken.”
14. “I sit and pick up those pieces with their renewed essence and identities, with their flawed edges and imperfections, and join them together like Kintsugi, displaying the damages with pride.”
15. “The scars are the design. Your attention is drawn to the cracks and how they are mended. That is what you’re supposed to see. The beauty is in the brokenness.”
-Justin Whitmel Earley.
16. “And now every time that it shatters I build it back together better, stronger, with more unique random scars to redefine, to beautify, to create more success stories that I can claim to be mine, alone.”
17. “The bonded seams become an intrinsic part of the ceramic and add a personalized, one-of-a-kind beauty through its imperfections.”
-Jo Ann V. Glim.
18. “To become beautiful it had to break.”
19. “If you’re broken, hold until each piece of you heals one again. Life is but a Kintsukuroi.”
-Samara Rhea Samuel.
20. “The struggles will become your story, And that’s the beauty of Kintsugi. Your cracks can become the most beautiful part of you.”
Quotes About Kintsugi
#1. There are at bottom but two possible religions
that which rises in the moral nature of man, and which takes shape in moral commandments, and that which grows out of the observation of the material energies which operate in the external universe. – Author: James Anthony Froude
#2. It comes to this then: there always have been people like me and always will be, and generally they have been persecuted. – Author: E. M. Forster
#3. There is no explanation for evil. It must be looked upon as a necessary part of the order of the universe. To ignore it is childish, to bewail it senseless. – Author: W. Somerset Maugham
#4. These places are time machines, spaceships, story-makers, secret-keepers. They are dragon-tamers, dream-catchers, fact-finders, and safe places. They are full of infinite possibilities and tales worth taking home. – Author: Jen Campbell
#5. Hating a book is not unlike hating a person; in fact it’s tempting to just go ahead and hate the author personally, by proxy, qua human being, except that I know that would be a mistake. – Author: Lev Grossman
#6. When you’re in the center of something, on a ride, I don’t think you realize what it is until it’s over. – Author: Ryan Seacrest
#7. Fergie will sing ballads to the dogs and they’ll sit there rapt. You know your wife’s a star when she keeps the dogs entertained for 20 minutes. – Author: Josh Duhamel
#8. Folks say, for every mountain there is a valley. – Author: Hannah Kent
#9. We were safe and together, and that was all that mattered now. – Author: Kristen Simmons
#10. The girly movie i secretly love is Pippy Longstockings. – Author: Robert Pattinson
#11. Did you know that pottery can be repaired with gold?” Kami asked. “Then it’s meant to be stronger than before, and more beautiful. Which is awesome, though it seems expensive.”
Her grandmother had nodded. “Makes sense to me,” she said. “Why be broken when you can be gold? – Author: Sarah Rees Brennan
#12. They call it kintsugi. The pot is shattered, then carefully reassembled with a resin mixed with gold. It symbolizes how we must incorporate our wounds into who we are, rather than try to merely repair and forget them. – Author: David Wong
#13. I’m drawn to failure. I feel that I’m contending with it constantly in my own life. – Author: Joyce Carol Oates
#14. Love means tearing down the separateness and the boundaries between your heart feelings and another person … – Author: Ken Keyes Jr.
#15. It’s best to locate the mind first before launching the ‘missiles of contention’. – Author: Gasmaskman
Her grandmother had nodded. “Makes sense to me,” she said. “Why be broken when you can be gold?”
Il sesso è una prevenzione naturale.
Non ricordo dove l’ho sentita, ma mi piace assai.”