Anchoring Quotes and Sayings
“Hope is the anchor of life.” —Lailah Gifty Akita
“People are either wind in your or an anchor on your tail.” —Unknown
“Better lose the anchor than the whole ship.” —Dutch Proverb
“We should not moor a ship with one anchor, or our life with one hope.” —Epictetus
“Allow yourself to be an anchor and anchored by others.” —Asa Don Brown
“Be anchor in life, be anchor in love, be anchor in what you believe.” —Unknown
“To reach a port, we must sail – sail, not tie at anchor – sail, not drift.” —Franklin D. Roosevelt
“Yet the best pilots have need of mariners, besides sails, anchor and other tackle.” —Ben Jonson
“A faithful companion is a sure anchor.” —Unknown
“Be strong. Even when you can’t be.” —Saim .A. Cheeda
“You are my anchor when the waves come crashing down.” —Unknown
“Death, old captain, it is time, let us raise anchor!” —Charles Baudelaire
“A life without God is like a boat without an anchor.” —Unknown
“Have an anchor so that life doesn’t toss you around.” —Debby Ryan
“Without an anchor, we can be drifted to any shore.” —Lailah Gifty Akita
“Anchor yourself to something special.” —Unknown
“Life’s roughest storms prove the strength of our anchors.” —Unknown
“Spirituality is an anchor for me and guides me through life.” —Amanda de Cadenet
“The anchor holds on despite the storm.” —Unknown
“Children are the anchors of a mother’s life.” —Unknown
“Your journey begins with a choice to get up, step out, and live fully.” —Oprah Winfrey
Anchor Quotes and Sayings
“Run if you want to. Time is the anchor, change is the constant, love is the trigger.” —Chris Pureka
“Hope is the anchor of our souls. I know of no one who is not in need of hope – young or old, strong or weak, rich or poor.” —James E. Faust
“You’re stronger than us. Once you find your anchor never let go of it. No matter what.” —John Marrs
“The night will close the door & fasten my anchor within the veil and I shall go away to sleep.” —Samuel Rutherford
“Sometimes you don’t realize you’re actually drowning when you’re trying to be everyone else’s anchor.” —Unknown
“I consider trial by jury as the only anchor ever yet imagined by man, by which a government can be held to the principles of its constitution.” —Thomas Jefferson
“The past is like an anchor holding us back. You have to let go of who you are to become who you will be” —Unknown
“It is a far, far better thing to have a firm anchor in nonsense than to put out on the troubled seas of thought.” —John Kenneth Galbraith
“Be aware of what you anchor your happiness to. Is it internal or external? How vulnerable is your happiness?” —Akiroq Brost
“The past is an anchor with suffering written on the rope. I don’t live there now. I am cutting myself free.” —Mark Millar
“All you need is one safe anchor to keep you grounded when the rest of your life spins out of control.” —Katie Kacvinsky
“A good heavy book holds you down. It’s an anchor that keeps you from getting up and having another gin and tonic.” —Roy Blount
“Regret is the strongest anchor that latches on to the ground, and you carry it within you, it is a feeling quite unlike others for it is despair mingled with hope.” —Saim .A. Cheeda
“Work is an anchor; it prevents the undisciplined minds drifting to the past. It keeps them in the present time.” —Unknown
“Your anchor is like dead weight that holds me firmly to the ground, when all i want do is fly.” —Unknown
“Without moral and intellectual independence, there is no anchor for national independence.” —David Ben-Gurion
“Sometimes i pretend i’m an anchor because there’s a difference between sinking and drowning.” —Unknown
“Knowing love or the hope of knowing love is the anchor that keeps us from falling into that sea of despair.” —Unknown
“Anchor- Safety, hope and salvation, planting ones own roots such as having a family.” —Unknown
“I Like this quote I dislike this quote“Drop anchor anywhere and the anchor will drag – that is, if soul is a limitless, fathomless sea, and not a dog pond.” —Elbert Hubbard
“In good times, we all want to drop anchor, to stop in time! But man is condemned to move till the far end of the precipice!” —Mehmet Murat
“We must free ourselves of the hope that the sea will ever rest. We must learn to sail in high winds.” —Unknown
- “To reach a port, we must sail – sail, not tie at anchor – sail, not drift.” —Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Run if you want to. Time is the anchor, change is the constant, love is the trigger.” —Chris Pureka
- “Better lose the anchor than the whole ship.” —Dutch Proverb
- “Hope is the anchor of our souls. I know of no one who is not in need of hope – young or old, strong or weak, rich or poor.” —James E. Faust
- “The past is like an anchor holding us back. You have to let go of who you are to become who you will be.” —Unknown
- “Life’s roughest storms prove the strength of our anchors.” —Unknown
- “You are my anchor when the waves come crashing down.” —Unknown
- “All you need is one safe anchor to keep you grounded when the rest of your life spins out of control.” —Katie Kacvinsky
- “We should not moor a ship with one anchor, or our life with one hope.” —Epictetus
- “You’re stronger than us. Once you find your anchor never let go of it. No matter what.” —John Marrs
- When I was 13, I began relaxing my hair, and that meant when I turned 18 it began to crack and fall off, and when I began anchoring, I had short, stubbly pieces of hair. And trying to report in San Francisco with fog meant my hair swelled.Soledad O’Brien
- I think I’d like to stay anchoring because, number one, I’m learning a lot, and I love it when I’m learning. And number two, I also have the luxury of a stable life.Linda Vester
- In Los Angeles, I had the good fortune of anchoring the news right before Johnny Carson came on, so to see him, the Hollywood stars watched me first.Tom Brokaw
- I can say that even in the midst of my most cynical comic stripping: Opus shone through with a bit of heart, anchoring the ugly proceedings with a comforting pull of emotion.Berkeley Breathed
- So this anchoring in some way, in some important way in the past without repeating the past, but on the basis of the past building something new: that is what is important.Gunther Schuller
Anchor Quotes to Inspire You
An anchor you can rely on is all you need in this world.
It’s good to have an anchor, but don’t let it limit your potential.
Support others in their endeavors, and accept their support, as well.
When you’re too focused on supporting others, you fail to take care of yourself.
Hope is the only thing that holds the world together.
Never pin all your hopes on one thing.
Regret can anchor you in ways that nothing else does.
Love is the anchor that holds everything in place.
If you hold too tightly to the past, your future will be at risk.
Hope is the anchor that keeps you from giving in.
An anchor can help you weather any storm.
Don’t let your anchor keep you from exploring the world around you.
Good books can both entertain and anchor you.
Anchor your mind so you never feel like you’re drifting away within your own body.
Weighing yourself down can make you feel like you have control over your life.
The best anchors a person can ever have are God and a loved one.
Never live in the past, for it will prevent you from moving forward.
Prayer is an anchor that keeps you from drifting away from what you believe in.
Purpose can act as an anchor to keep your life on track.
Feelings are not forever; they come and go.
Anchor yourself in everything that you believe in.
Strive to be the anchor that helps keep others grounded.
The mind is easy to trick if you are strategic with the information you provide.
Love is the anchor that stops us from falling into deep despair.
Faith is an important anchor for many.