For a breakfast that will make everyone happy this Father’s Day, especially Dad, try a Build-Your-Own Pancake bar.
Everyone loves fluffy pancakes and yummy toppings. But, on Father’s Day I like to kick that classic up a notch and treat dad to this Fresh Fruit and Pancake Breakfast Bar.
What’s great about this breakfast bar is that each family member gets to customize his or her plate of pancakes, so the whole family is happy. Bonus: It’s also a great way to get a little extra fruit first thing in the morning.
As a mom, I love that this pancake breakfast bar is easy to prepare ahead of time, and it’s ready, with minimal effort, on Father’s Day morning.
One way to save time is to prepare the pancake batter the night before and place it in the fridge. Fruit can be washed, chopped, and refrigerated directly inside the serving bowls. That way, in the morning, all you have to do is cook the pancakes on a griddle or pan.
This recipe is also a great way to get kids involved in the kitchen since pancakes are relatively easy to make, and kids of all ages can help wash fresh berries. Once everything is prepared, all you have to do is set out the pancakes, fresh fruit, cream cheese, and any other toppings your family loves on the countertop. Of course, make sure to add Dad’s favorite toppings! Then, it’s time for everyone to assemble their dream plate of pancakes.
Father’s Day Breakfast Idea: Build-Your-Own Pancake Bar
- Your favorite pancake recipe
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- Make your favorite pancake recipe. While pancakes are cooking on the griddle, chop the fruit.
- Assemble the pancakes on a large platter, fill small bowls with the berries, and fill a medium-sized bowl with whipped cream cheese. Set out the maple syrup, or any other toppings family members will like.