These insecurity quotes are for those who need to feel that they are not alone in their fear of judgement. Feeling insecure is a natural human emotion. We’ll always have the tendency to compare ourselves to others, and all too often, we find ourselves looking at someone else’s success, thinking that their success equals our own failure.
But why is insecurity so common?
A lot of people credit the modern world of technology, but the reality is, it’s something so many people feel, whether they mean to experience it or not. Overcoming these insecurities can take a lot of work, patience, and soul searching. It takes letting go of your fear of judgement and embracing your true and authentic self.
These insecurity quotes are here to let you know that so many others feel the same exact fear that you do, and that, although insecurity is a common feeling, it is not impossible to overcome. With acceptance, gratitude, and courage, you will be able to become a more confident you.
Don’t forget to also check out these lies quotes for healing and moving on.
Insecurity Quotes for Knowing You’re Not Alone
1. “Life is a dangerous thing. Insecurity is the price of living.” – Alija Izetbegovic
2. “I always think the insecurity is going to go away, but it’s always there. Only bad writers think they’re good.” – Harlan Coben
3. “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” – Timothy Ferriss
4. “Sometimes I wonder if I will ever be happy with myself. I worry that if I can’t be happy with myself, then nobody will ever be happy with me, and that just makes me even more paranoid. It’s a cycle, insecurity, unconfidence, and diffidence, it’s all a cycle and it’s destroying me.” –Unknown
5. “Society taught me that no matter what size I am, I will never be good enough. I’ll always be too skinny, too fat, too short, too tall. Too this, too that.” – Unknown
6. “Don’t you hate it when people make a joke about you, about something that you are actually incredibly insecure about and they don’t realize it, but every laugh feels like a stab in your chest, because it hurts so much and brings up memories you’d rather forget, but you can’t say anything, because then people would know your weaknesses. They’d know how insecure you really are. So instead you just laugh it off, and hide the pain you feel inside.” – Unknown
7. “Behind closed doors, we’re all the fat uncool kid.” – Su-Mari Diedericks
8. “I hate the thought that I’m just some kind of Russian nesting doll with the big outside and inevitably, rattling around under all the layers, a crude little peg with a face is the truth of me.” – Wendy McClure
9. “Insecurities have the ability to shape and mold our minds to live with everything that’s bad; like crying on the inside, while smiling on the outside… thus creating pain… but, alas, I have the answer; forget about what you thought and enjoy (embrace) what you feel.” – Jeremy Aldana
10. “The problem with human attraction is not knowing if it will be returned.” – Becca Fitzpatrick
Insecurity Quotes for Overcoming
11. “The psychic task which a person can and must set for himself is not to feel secure, but to be able to tolerate insecurity.” – Erich Fromm
12. “Judging people’s flaws will not help justify your own.” – Unknown
13. “Life is very short. Insecurity is a waste of time.” – Diane Von Furstenburg
14. “Comparison is the thief of joy.” – Teddy Roosevelt
15. “The opposite of security is insecurity, and the only way to overcome insecurity is to take risks.” – Unknown
16. “There can be no security where there is fear.” – Felix Fankfurter
17. “Pretending to be someone that you are not is hurting yourself. It’s telling yourself that the real you is worthless.” – Ritu Ghatourey
18. “In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” –Rashida Rowe
19. “The steps of insecurity: Comparison, Compensation, Competition, Compulsion, Condemnation, Control.” – Unknown
20. “Become your own soulmate. Then you’ll always have someone watching your back, and you’ll always have someone who loves you.” –Rebecca O’Donnell
21. “True confidence is not about what you take from someone to restore yourself, but what you give back to your critics because they need it more than you do.” – Shannon Alder
22. “The enemy uses those things you’re insecure about. Free yourself and take your power back by being secure in who you are—flaws and all.” –Yvonne Pierre
23. “The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel.” – Seven Furtick
24. “We’re going to have to let truth scream louder to our souls than the lies that have infected us.” – Beth Moore
25. “One of the greatest journeys in life is overcoming insecurity and learning to truly not give a sh*t.” – J.A. Konrath
Insecurity Quotes for Understanding
26. “Anger is a manifestation of a deeper issue… and that, for me, is based on insecurity, self-esteem and loneliness.” – Naomi Campbell
27. “Insecurity is an ugly thing, it makes you hate people you don’t even know.” – Unknown
28. “It is when we all play safe that we create a world of utmost insecurity.” – Dag Hammarskjold
29. “Humans are strange things. They are the most proud on the outside during the times they are the most insecure on the inside, and they would rather die manipulating others than be brave enough to be honest.” –Unknown
30. “An expectation is a shelter—it gives you a security feeling. So when someone breaks your expectations he is breaking your shelter, making you insecure, fearful.” – Osho
31. “Insecure people only eclipse your sun because they’re jealous of your daylight and tired of their dark, starless skies.” – Shannon Alder
32. “A lack of transparency results in distrust and deep sense of insecurity.” – Dalai Lama
33. “Sometimes what we see in our judgement to other individuals are the things that we are trying to hide.” – Jestoni Sacay
34. “People outwardly project their innermost insecurities.” – Kilroy J Oldster
35. “The fishing is best where the fewest go and the collective insecurity of the world makes it easy for people to hit home runs while everyone is aiming for base hits.” – Timothy Ferriss
36. “Insecurity is the worst sense that lovers feel: sometimes the most humdrum desireless marriage seems better. Insecurity twists meanings and poisons trust.” – Unknown
37. “It has always seemed that a fear of judgement is the mark of guilt and the burden of insecurity.” – Criss Jami
38. “I’m interested in the fact that the less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice.” – Clint Eastwood
Also check out these enemy quotes that will make you want to cut ties with your frenemies.
- 70 CUTE GOOD NIGHT IMAGES, PICTURES, QUOTES, WISHES FOR HIM
- Discipline Quotes That Will Help Bring You Success
- 20 Best Soulmate Quotes to Remind You Why You Fell in Love
- 52 Funny Dog Quotes with Images
- 31 Best Anger Quotes To Help You Keep Your Temper In Check
Insecurity Quotes for Empowerment
39. “Insecurity is self-sabotage. If you want to fly you have to first see you wings.” – Unknown
40. “Without danger we cannot get beyond danger… each one of us requires the spur of insecurity to force us to do our best.” – Dr. Harold W. Dodds
41. “Dear insecure girls everywhere, you’re not ugly, society is. Sincerely, The Truth.” – Unknown
42. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
43. “No one is perfect. Even the most confident people have insecurities. At some point in our lives, we may feel we lack something. That is reality. We must try to live as per our capability.” – Anil Sinha
44. “When you stop living your life based on what others think of, your real life begins. At that moment, you will finally see the door of self-acceptance opened.” – Shannon Alder
45. “If you’re waiting until you feel talented enough to make it, you’ll never make it.” – Criss Jami
46. “The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize.” – Robert Hughes
47. “Don’t let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don’t like them.” – Stacy London
48. “A person who is confident and capable will never feel insecure.” –Abhishek Ratna
49. “Whatever your passion is, keep doing it. Don’t waste time chasing after success or comparing yourself to others. Every flower blooms at a different pace. Excel at doing what your passion is and only focus on perfecting it. Eventually people will see what you are great at doing, and if you are truly great, success will come chasing after you.” – Suzy Kassem
50. “Chasing a person doesn’t give you value or build values in you. You earn your value by chasing morality and practicing dignity.” – Shannon Alder
51. “I am convinced that the jealous, the angry, the bitter and the egotistical are the first to race to the top of mountains. A confident person enjoys the journey, the people they meet along the way and sees life not as a competition. They reach the summit last because they know God isn’t at the top waiting for them. He is down below helping his followers to understand that the view is glorious wherever you stand.” – Shannon Alder
Which of these insecurity quotes resonated with you best?
Insecurity is simply a side effect of existing in this complicated world we call home. The insecurity quotes above show that while it’s easy to feel afraid and self-conscious, you are not alone. While it’s a common feeling, it’s possible to overcome it, and even grow through it.
What can we do to combat some of our most powerful and overwhelming insecurities? It’s natural to feel intimidated by the world. Everyone moves so fast, and nearly everyone feels, at some point in their life, that they’re losing the race. But the truth is, there’s no race. It’s just you, learning to exist, and live, and love your life.
So, no matter how judged or fearful you feel, know that confidence is just one step away, once you learn to accept yourself for who you truly are, and live as that beautiful person.