These team building quotes are a powerful reminder of the importance of working with others.
Some people work better individually than they do in teams. But the reality is that at some point in our lives, we have to work with others, even if we may not be up for it.
What are the benefits of working with teams?
Working with teams has some amazing benefits that are worth whatever frustrations may arise from working with others that you may not be so compatible with. By working with a team, you learn valuable skills that you can apply to all aspects of life.
Team building exercises can prepare us for challenges in the workplace and also help us create meaningful bonds with others. These team building quotes will help remind you of the benefits of teamwork, no matter what your position is.
Don’t forget to also read these team quotes or these collaboration quotes on teamwork and success.
Team Building Quotes on Leadership
1. “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” — Rosalynn Carter
2. “Good management consists in showing average people how to do the work of superior people.” — John Rockefeller
3. “I’ve always found that the speed of the boss is the speed of the team.” — Lee Iacocca
4. “Strategy is not a solo sport, even if you’re the CEO.” — Max McKeown
5. “Maintaining high levels of motivation isn’t easy, but keep in mind that: “A leader must inspire or his team will expire.” — Orrin Woodward
6. “When your team is winning, be ready to be tough, because winning can make you soft. On the other hand, when you team is losing, stick by them. Keep believing.” — Bo Schembechler
7. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” — John Quincy Adams, 6th President of the United States
8. “What separates the good players from a great player is that a great player is willing to give up their own personal achievement for the achievement of the group.” — Kareem Abdul— Jabbar, American Basketball Player
9. “Trust is knowing that when a team member does push you, they’re doing it because they care about the team.” — Patrick Lencioni
Team Building Quotes on Togetherness
10. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” — Helen Keller
11. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” — African Proverb
12. “None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.” — Mother Teresa
13. “Teamwork makes the dream work.” — Bang Gae
14. “Gettin’ good players is easy. Gettin’ ’em to play together is the hard part.” — Casey Stengel
15. “A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skills of others.” — Norman Shidle
16. “Together, ordinary people can achieve extraordinary results.” — Becka Schoettle
17. “If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old.” — Peter F. Drucker
18. “The nice thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.” — Margaret Carty
19. “If you can laugh together, you can work together.” — Robert Orben20.
20. “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” — Henry Ford
21. “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” — Andrew Carnegie
Team Building Quotes To Inspire Teamwork
22. “In teamwork, silence isn’t golden, it’s deadly.” ― Mark Sanborn
23. “Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there.” ― Virginia Burden
24. “There is immense power when a group of people with similar interests gets together to work toward the same goals.” ― Idowu Koyenikan
25. “Good teams incorporate teamwork into their culture, creating the building blocks for success.” ― Ted Sundquist
26. “When you form a team, why do you try to form a team? Because teamwork builds trust and trust builds speed.” — Russel Honore
27. “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” — Ryūnosuke Satoro
28. “Unity is strength. . . when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” — Mattie Stepanek
29. “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” — Babe Ruth, American Baseball Player
30. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” — Reid Hoffman, American Entrepreneur and Author
31. “Teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.” — Patrick Lencioni
32. “To me, teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless.” — Mike Krzyzewski
- INSPIRING ENCOURAGEMENT QUOTES
- 77 FRIENDSHIP QUOTES
- 100 Tuesday Quotes Celebrating Momentum in Your Week
- 50 Hug Quotes for Everyone Who Needs a Hug
- These 30 Cuddle Quotes Will Have You Looking for a Partner to Squeeze
Team Building Quotes on Helping Others
33. “It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” — Napolean Hill
34. “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” — Booker T. Washington
35. “Individual commitment to a group effort — that’s what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” — Vince Lombardi
36. “Great teams do not hold back with one another. They are unafraid to air their dirty laundry. They admit their mistakes, their weaknesses, and their concerns without fear of reprisal.” ― Patrick Lencioni
37. “So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth.” ― Bahaullah
38. “The ratio of We’s to I’s is the best indicator of the development of a team.” ― Lewis B Ergen
39. “We must all hang together or most assuredly we shall all hang separately.” ― Ben Franklin
40. “You will find men who want to be carried on the shoulders of others, who think that the world owes them a living. They don’t seem to see that we must all lift together and pull together.” — Henry Ford
41. “When he took time to help the man up the mountain, lo, he scaled it himself.” — Tibetan Proverb
42. “You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” — Jim Stovall
Team Building Quotes on Inspiring a Team
43. “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.” — H.E. Luccock
44. “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” — Henry Ford
45. “A leader must inspire or his team will expire.” — Orrin Woodward
46. “Leadership is much more an art, a belief, a condition of the heart, than a set of things to do.” — Max De Pree
47. “A boat doesn’t go forward if each one is rowing their own way.” — Swahili Proverb
48. “You are either supporting the vision or supporting division” ― Saji Ijiyemi
49. “The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work.” — Vince Lombardi Jr.
50. “The real challenge is for each of us to determine where we feel we can make the most impact.” — Jay Samit
What did you learn from these team building quotes?
Working together is not always ideal for everyone, but in many cases, it’s the only way to be successful. Ask any influential leader today and they’ll tell you that at some point in their journey, someone helped them in some way.
If we don’t learn to work with others, we may be missing out on valuable lessons and get answers to problems that we may not be able to solve on our own. The team building quotes above are a powerful reminder of the importance of working with others, whether you’re the CEO, the intern, the adult with years of experience, or the child who is curious about the world.