These Star Trek quotes will help you wisely remember to employ logic, live life fully, and revel in the things that make humans exceptional!
Star Trek, an iconic, American Sci-Fi series, originally aired in 1996 on CBS. You might find yourself asking, “What is Spock famous for saying?” Or maybe you want to “Go boldly, where no man has gone before.” The franchise includes several spin-offs, both live-action and animated.
Do you recognize these Star Trek quotes? If so, you might be a true “Trekkie”! Or maybe you are more like me, and a little less of a die-hard fan, who is just amazed at how young William Shattner looks!
Either way, these 50 Star Trek Quotes are funny, inspirational, and insightful. Reading them will inspire you to boldly go in the direction of your dreams.
Don’t forget to also check out these Star Wars quotes from the epic science fiction film.
Star Trek quotes about logic
1. “Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.” — Spock
2. “Highly illogical.” — Spock
3. “You can use logic to justify almost anything. That’s its power. And it’s flaw.” — Captain Cathryn Janeway
4. “I fail to comprehend your indignation, sir. I have simply made the logical deduction that you are a liar” — Spock
5. “You may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting. This is not logical, but it is often true. — Spock
6. “I canna’ change the laws of physics.” — Montgomery “Scotty” Scott
7. “I realize that command does have its fascination, even under circumstances such as these, but I neither enjoy the idea of command nor am I frightened of it. It simply exists, and I will do whatever logically needs to be done.” — Spock
Wise Star Trek quotes
8. “Live long, and prosper.” — Spock
9. “Things are only impossible until they’re not.” — Captain Kirk
10. “Insufficient facts always invite danger.” — Spock
11. “Change is the essential process of all existence.”— Spock
12. “Without freedom of choice there is no creativity.” — Captain Kirk
13. “In critical moments, men sometimes see exactly what they wish to see.” — Spock
14. “One man cannot summon the future.” — Spock
15. “But one man can change the present!” — Captain Kirk
16. “The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other.” — Captain Kirk
17. “If we’re going to be damned, let’s be damned for what we really are.” — Jean-Luc Picard
18. “Without followers, evil cannot spread.” — Spock
19. “Curious, how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want.”— Spock
20. “A species that enslaves other beings is hardly superior — mentally or otherwise.” — Captain Kirk
21. “Evil does seek to maintain power by suppressing the truth.” — Spock
22. “A lie is a very poor way to say hello.” – Edith Keeler
23. “Time is fluid…like a river with currents, eddies, backwash.” — Spock
24. “When governments murder those who speak the truth, it is time to get new governments.” ― Diane Duane
25. “Time is the fire in which we burn.” ― Malcolm McDowell J. M. Dillard
26. “If there are self-made purgatories, then we all have to live in them.”— Spock
27. “… The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.” — Spock
Also check out our list of the best Hunger Games quotes.
Star Trek quotes about life
28. “It is possible to commit no errors and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.” — Jean-Luc Picard
29. “It is the lot of ‘man’ to strive no matter how content he is.” — Spock
30. “There is a way out of every box, a solution to every puzzle; it’s just a matter of finding it.” — Jean-Luc Picard
31. “A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.” — Dr. Boyce
32. “Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” — Jean-Luc Picard
33. “With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.” — Jean-Luc Picard
34. “Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.” — Captain James T. Kirk
35. “Perhaps man wasn’t meant for paradise. Maybe he was meant to claw, to scratch all the way.” — Captain James T. Kirk
36. “You know the greatest danger facing us is ourselves, and irrational fear of the unknown. There is no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood.” — Captain James T. Kirk
37. “Now, I don’t pretend to tell you how to find happiness and love, when every day is a struggle to survive. But I do insist that you do survive, because the days and the years ahead are worth living for!” — Edith Keeler
38. “To survive is not enough. To simply exist… is not enough!” – Roga Danar
39. “It’s not safe out here. It’s wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it’s not for the timid.” ― Q
40. “Your will to survive, your love of life, your passion to know … Everything that is truest and best in all species of beings has been revealed to you. Those are the qualities that make a civilization worthy to survive.” ― Lai the Vian
You might also like these memorable Supernatural quotes about light and darkness.
Star Trek quotes about man versus machine
41. “Compassion: that’s the one things no machine ever had. Maybe it’s the one thing that keeps men ahead of them.” — Dr. McCoy
42. “We prefer to help ourselves. We make mistakes, but we’re human–and maybe that’s the word that best explains us.” — Captain James T. Kirk
43. “Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold.” — Khan Noonien Singh
44. “I am pleased to see that we have differences. May we together become greater than the sum of both of us.” — Surak
45. “Computers make excellent and efficient servants, but I have no wish to serve under them.” — Spock
46. “To boldly go where no man has gone before.” — Captain James T. Kirk
47. “To all mankind — may we never find space so vast, planets so cold, heart and mind so empty that we cannot fill them with love and warmth”. — Garth
48. “Humans do have an amazing capacity for believing what they choose — and excluding that which is painful.” — Spock
49. “Pain is a thing of the mind. The mind can be controlled.” — Spock
50. “Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold.”— Khan Noonian Singh
51. “To be human is to be complex. You can’t avoid a little ugliness — from within — and from without.” — Captain James T. Kirk
- 100+ BEST MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES FOR ATHLETES
- BEST INSPIRATIONAL BIBLE VERSES
- COLLECTION OF SAD BEST EX BOYFRIEND QUOTES FOR LOVERS
- MONDAY MOTIVATION | QUOTES, PICTURES & IMAGES
- COLLECTION OF HEART TOUCHING MISSING YOU QUOTES FOR HER
Which of these Star Trek quotes is your favorite?
Are you a fan that has helped this franchise earn over 10 billion dollars? The cult following is massive! Are you eagerly awaiting the debut of Star Trek: Lower Decks on CBS?
I haven’t watched much Star Trek, but these quotes have me saying “Beam me up, Scotty,” while firing up the TV, and watching a few reruns! I do feel a little ripped off that I can actually get “beamed up” anywhere, but I will try and remember the greater life lessons that these characters had to offer.