Whether you make a heartfelt DIY Father’s Day card for Dad or find the perfect notecard at the store, it’s what you say in your Father’s Day card that counts—since the very best things to write in a Father’s Day card come from the heart. If you’re looking for the best Father’s Day messages and Father’s Day wishes, including what to write and say in a Father’s Day card, we rounded up the best options here.
Father’s Day, which falls on June 21st this year, is a day dedicated to showing your father just how much he’s appreciated. From surprising him with a thoughtful gift to finding the sweetest wishes and sayings to write in his Father’s Day card, there are plenty of ways to make him feel like the world’s #1 dad.
But sometimes, finding just the right thing to say to your dad on Father’s Day can be overwhelming. How could you possibly express how much he means to you in just a few sentences? That’s where these sweet and easy ideas for what to write in a Father’s Day card can help.
And if you’re not sure how to celebrate Father’s Day this year—don’t worry, we got you covered with 50 ways to celebrate Father’s Day during quarantine, 30 DIY Father’s Day crafts, unique Father’s Day gifts and even gift ideas for a music-loving dad.
These 25 ideas for what to write in a Father’s Day card will tell your dad just how much he’s loved.
- Ramadan Quotes 2020 and Wishes, SMS
- Happy MOTHERS DAY 2020 Quotes, Wishes, and Messages
- Quotations for Cancer Patients, Survivors, and Loved Ones
- 50+ Ramadan Mubarak Quotes From The Quran
- Quotations for Commitment Ceremonies
25 Things to Write in a Father’s Day Card for Dad
1. Happy Father’s Day to the world’s #1 dad! You’re not just my father, but one of my closest friends.
2. It’s that time of year again when everyone tries to tell themselves that they had the best dad in the world. I really did have the best dad in the world, so they can’t be right.
3. For all the wonderful things you do that I might not always notice, thank you.
4. I’ll get right to the point—you’re a great dad, and you’re loved very much.
5. You really are the best, Dad. End of story.
6. So much of who I am is because of what you taught me, Dad.
7. Happy Father’s Day from the one who has tested your limits in just about everything—you’re welcome!
8. (A Father’s Day note to go along with your gift.) No one masters [the grill] the way you do! Love you and [your cookouts]!
9. Not a day goes by when I don’t feel very, very lucky to have a dad like you.
10. Dad, you will never go out of style. Happy Father’s day to the coolest dad ever.
11. You’re amazing, Dad, and I’m so grateful you’re mine.
12. Happy Father’s Day to the man who’s the best dad 365 days a year!
13. Happy Father’s Day! I might be taller than you now but I still look up to you
14. I will always remember the great memories we have together, and I look forward to many more!
15. For all the words of wisdom you didn’t know I followed, thank you.
16. You were right, Dad—now that I’m older, I do understand. And I love you and thank you for everything.
17. Thanks for raising me to be an upstanding member of society (with only minor exceptions).
18. Let’s be honest—you wouldn’t have this special day if it wasn’t for me! So… don’t I deserve a present, too? Just kidding. Happy Father’s Day!
19. Hope you know how much I’ll always love, respect, and appreciate you, Dad. Happy Father’s Day!
20. I’ll never be too old to need you, Dad.
21. I love you to the moon and back. Happy Father’s Day to the world’s #1 dad!
22. Everything you’ve done makes me so proud to be in this family—I love you!
23. Every memory I have with you has instilled in me a sense of family, love, tradition, and pride. We love you so much!
24. Thanks for acting like a kid when I was a kid, acting like a friend when I needed a friend, and acting like a parent when I needed one. You are the best man I know. Happy Father’s Day!
25. Happy Father’s Day to my hero and role model. Thank you for everything you have done for our family. We love you with all our hearts.